[BlueOnyx:08501] Re: Japanese GUI Language still have some problem.

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Fri Sep 16 16:21:14 -05 2011

Hi Michael,

Normally, I'd never contradict the experts.   But...

I'd just booted up that virtual 5107R and used the GUI to yum update it.  Unfortunately, something hung during the update.  And the screen wouldn't complete.  Five minutes later, when I clicked on the Yum Update on the left menu again - it said a CCE Component wasn't running and it couldn't display the page.

So I used the console window where I was monitoring TOP, and ran "service cced.init restart".  After cced restarted - the Yum page would load.

So CCED had just been restarted (after a recent bootup) when I was searching around the pages and not getting the "BlueOnyx News".  It was only after changing the skin that the RSS feed came up.  Hummmmm....

As I said - its not a problem for me.  Now I know how to get the RSS feed working if it happens again.

Chuck