[BlueOnyx:08521] Re: 5106R Majordomo vulnerability?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Sep 19 17:53:58 -05 2011

Hi Chris,

> I agree that disabling NDA's altogether is not how I would like to see
> BlueOnyx packaged.   Making it a toggle in the GUI could be an option
> for those who think it's a good idea in their specific cases, but that
> is probably more trouble than it's worth.

Yeah, taht's a good point. I'll check if I can dig up the config option for
Sendmail that allows turning off bounces. Couldn't find it when I was just
looking for it. Adding a switch to the GUI to make it configureable is
trivial.

> This customer is likely going to uninstall Majordomo.

Very well.

> We'll eventually do the same on our production hosting boxes, but you
> know what it's like migrating users to something new.

Indeed. And I even see it myself. Just wanted to move one of my own VPS's from
5106R to 5107R, but only to run into a website that wasn't PHP-5.3 ready
<sigh>.

But it's nice to see that 5108R is also picking up some usage now. The numbers
are increasing slowly, but steadily.