[BlueOnyx:08672] Re: Disable apache directory listing

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Sep 29 10:59:53 -05 2011

Hi Maurice,

> I notice that my bluequartz doesn't allow directory listing in apache, and
> 5107R does allow it.

It can be configured through the GUI:

"Network Settings" / "Web". Then "Options" and untick the box for "Indexes".

> I think it is better to not allow it, it gives a slightly bit more safety.

Correct. On the other hand: By default we don't create websites with no index
page in it. So if someone creates an empty directory and puts no index page
into it, do we cover up his mistake by simply denying directory listing, or
are we fighting what the user intends to do? This is a somewhat tricky
territory.