[BlueOnyx:11789] Re: Web Alias Redirects with SSL

Carl E. Hartung carlh04426 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 12:08:36 -05 2012

correction / addendum:

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:00:22 -0500
"Carl E. Hartung" wrote:

> If an SSL enabled site is configured by default to use port 443, which
> is the convention, then rewriting the protocol from http to https
> should be enough, correct?

Sorry! .. poorly constructed question. Let me rephrase:

An 'SSL enabled site' will default to port 80 unless and until protocol
https is requested, in which case the default (and standard) port is
443. If this is so, the only rewrite needed would change protocol from
'http' to 'https' and the port change would be handled automatically. Is
this a correct assumption?

Thanks again, Michael!

Carl