[BlueOnyx:11850] Re: Exchange Server

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Dec 21 10:32:58 -05 2012

On 12/21/2012 6:06 AM, New Millennium Internet wrote:
> Hi All and a Merry Christmas
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to set up a Microsoft Exchange server in
> a BO space?
>
> Just had a customer asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server"

Exchange Server requires a Windows platform.  You can either set up a
box running Windows Server and Exchange, which can be fairly pricy once
you add up the costs of the base server and then the Microsoft
licensing.  Alternatively, you can subscribe to "hosted Exchange" which
will typically involve a monthly fee per user.

Another alternative you have is to keep them on your IMAP server and add
on a 3rd party calender.  We have a customer with significant
infrastructure in our datacenter that provides such a service.  You may
be interested in looking into it:  It's called Office Calendar.
http://www.officecalendar.com/

HTH,
--
Chris Gebhardt