[BlueOnyx:09329] Re: Password Enforcement

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Fri Jan 6 09:40:34 -05 2012

On 1/5/2012 9:43 AM, rodrigo ordonez wrote:
> I think creatin the user with the command line tools will avoid cracklib

Yes, I have used this a few times, just use 'passwd <user>', it will
warn you, but not keep you from using a "BAD" password. I will do that
if I believe a password is secure enough, but not for using weak passwords.

One thing I would like to note on this thread that would be *extremely*
helpful since implementing the strong password requirements. That is the
ability for users to reset their passwords. Although I cheer the
implementation since it has help tremendously with bots and the sort,
the ability to reset a password seems necessary with such requirements.

--Robert
--
Robert <robert at webtent.org>