[BlueOnyx:09419] Re: Password Enforcement

Chris Comley chris at wizards.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 09:27:14 -05 2012

Well thanks for the input guys. The useful post was the one that says it
isn't possible without digging deep in the code.

Not so helpful all the input about safe passwords, coz no, the users don't
get to choose their own, and *I* choose passwords for them which are both
secure and memorable. BQ's built-in system forces them to have passwords
which are secure but NOT memorable, and actually, not as secure as the one
I'd choose.

For a simplified analysis of the problem, see

http://xkcd.com/936/

(well - you can't, coz of the blackout, but when you can, I hope I've picked
the correct panel!)