[BlueOnyx:09389] Re: Amazon Web Services Blueonyx setup

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Fri Jan 13 19:37:14 -05 2012

I've been doing IP networking for over 15 years, and even worked as a Engineer for Cisco for a few years.  But I've never heard of a "elastic" IP address.  What is that?  Do you mean a address in the private address space 10.x.x.x??

If it is a private address (like the mentioned 10.226.61.114), what is doing the address translation?  Is a router/gateway/firewall doing translation from a public address like 46.137.98.x to that private address??

You'll have to give us a bit more information to be able to help with your problem.  Please describe your setup, and what IPs are on what devices.

Chuck