[BlueOnyx:09453] Re: 2 CMS-Systems on one webspace

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Fri Jan 27 13:48:43 -05 2012

Yes, you can run multiple CMS's on one site.  Just put them into uniquely named directories under /web.  The url might be www.domain.com/joomla, www.domain.com/wordpress, and www.domain.com/cms.  I've done that under one site when multiple people were learning CMSs and wanted to play with their own installation.

BUT!  You've got a bigger problem.

If you have two companies that both won't accept the other accessing their webspace - you can't have one domain.  That's plain and simple - it can't be done security-wise.

Any FTP user created in a site/domain will have access to just their home directory.  If made a "site admin", they'll gain access to the whole website, including the site's /web directory.  But you can't split up the /web directory and give one "site admin" FTP user access to one half while no access to the other half.

Sounds like its time for a second domain - and they can fight over who gets the original name.  Because I don't think your reverse proxy idea will work either.  How would you set up the proxy to "combine" the sites??

Chuck