[BlueOnyx:09486] Re: Homepage

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Mon Jan 30 13:40:57 -05 2012

I know what Eric is talking about.  If he's got a server "blueonyx.company.com", and virtual sites on it.  And he'd like to be able to hit the webpage www.company.com and see his own company's website instead of one of the virtual sites.  And he's asking where that "box" website is located in the directory tree.

Unfortunately - you'll be a little disappointed.  BlueOnyx isn't set up that way.  You have to create a virtual website for www.company.com.  Simply putting the name/domain on the BlueOnyx server isn't sufficient to have a website on it.

And you'll run into the same thing for the "administrator" users.  There are no "user webs" for the box administrators.  So while you can have a virtual web for the user "chuck" on the website www.company.com (accessed with www.company.com/~chuck/) - you can't do that for the administrator users.  With your box named blueonyx.company.com and admistrator "tom" - there is no /web subdirectory for the administrator "tom", and the URL blueonyx.company.com/~tom/ will not work.

So, create your virtual website www.company.com.  But I still don't think you'll be able to browse to the box name "blueonyx.company.com" and get anything other than redirected to the port444 login page.

Chuck