[BlueOnyx:10718] Re: Milters on 5108R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jun 4 12:48:05 -05 2012

Hi Ernie,

> Is anyone using a sendmail milter on BlueOnyx 5108R?

Yes, the Solarspeed AV-SPAM uses Sendmail milters and there is also a 5108R
version of it. It uses SPAMd, Greylist and CLAMd through three separate
milters.

> I am getting crashes every couple of minutes on an anti-spam Milter
> (j-chkmail)  that I have used for many years (since 5102R) without any
> problems. It's fine on 5107R. The only thing I can think of is there is
> something in the 64bit world it doesn't like, seems to compile and install
> just fine.
>
> So I am wondering if there are other milters out there that have been
> tested on 5108R that are working ok?

I have seen no problems like that with the AV-SPAM for 5108R. The milter
interface there just work as well as on 5107R or 5106R. No crashes or
problems.

If j-chkmail doesn't play nice with the 64-bit version of SL6, CentOS-6 or
RHEL6, then I kind of doubt that it's just a problem of the OS. Could as well
be that the j-chkmail makers have some issues in their code.