[BlueOnyx:10787] Re: Python Module question

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Wed Jun 13 13:05:15 -05 2012

On 06/13/2012 04:10 PM, DD wrote:
> Hi Blues,
>
> I am attempting to get a Python script running on 5108R, but have a line:
>
> 	import mx.DateTime
>
> which errors because the module does not exist. I found that another
> required module had simply changed name so wondered if this was the case
> here?
>
> Is this module something that can be added to BX by default, or something
> I'll need to compile/install myself?

This module comes from here:
http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/ and it seems there are no
rpms for scientific.

You probably have to download the source and install it that way which
should be easy. Or you could even wrap checkinstall around the process
to make it uninstallable.

Hth,
Christoph