[BlueOnyx:10813] Re: yum update mail producing .bin attachment

Jason Ozin bluequartz at ozin.com
Sun Jun 17 10:48:52 -05 2012

Well I fixed it by piping the file yum.update through sed to remove the \r
characters from the file before sending the mail.

So Line 16 of /usr/sausalito/handlers/base/swupdate/yum-update.sh
Now reads:

/bin/cat /tmp/yum.update | /bin/sed 's/\r//' | /bin/mail -s "`/bin/hostname`
Yum Update output for `/bin/date +\%m`-`/bin/date +\%d`-`/bin/date +\%y`"
$EMAILRECIPIENT

However, I assume that this change will be written over the next time the
team decide to update yum-update.sh ?
If so is there a way for me to make it permanent or can the team add it as a
fix?

Jason