[BlueOnyx:10812] yum update mail producing .bin attachment

bluequartz at ozin.com bluequartz at ozin.com
Sun Jun 17 06:08:33 -05 2012

Since moving to 5107R my yum update emails are no longer plain text and instead have the  /tmp/yum.update text added as an attachment called ATT00001.bin. Thus iPhones/iPads refuse to read it.

I notice in the headers of the email message that mail has decided the message is:

So I either want to have this attachment come through as a .txt attachment or better still have the text of /tmp/yum.update added as plain text in-line and not as an attachment, as it was previously.

I note that the file to edit is almost certainly going to be:

 /usr/sausalito/handlers/base/swupdate/yum-update.sh

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Jason