[BlueOnyx:10863] Re: Web Ownership

Matt James matt at rainstormconsulting.com
Mon Jun 25 08:41:30 -05 2012

Hi Dick,

At our company, we handle this by using suPHP.  With suPHP, you can chown the web folder to the admin user's account allow them to do their own upgrades, etc while maintaining higher security than giving Apache full access to change files throughout that directory.  I know that's not exactly what you were asking, I just thought it might be another path you could take if you don't get another response from someone else.

--
Matt James
Web Programmer