[BlueOnyx:09745] Re: Sending Alert Notific ation Email whenuserexceeds disk space

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Mar 7 04:08:20 -05 2012

Hi Eiji Hamano,

> I am sorry,  but it used be on  BQ,  Raq550 and early BX.

I am 100% sure over quota notifications of users being over quota never went
to siteAdmins.

Because:

a) A site may not have siteAdmins.
b) A site may have more than one siteAdmin.
c) The GUI only has configureable options to allow sending the alerts to
'admin' and the user itself.
d) base-disk.mod/src/base-disk-am/am_disk.pl does the emailing and in it it
never looked for siteAdmins to add them to the recipient list of over quota
emails.

I just went through the troubles of comparing the code differences in base-
disk.mod between BlueQuartz as it was when we forked and BlueOnyx as it is
now.

These code differences are all listed here:

http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset?old_path=%2FBlueQuartz%2F5106R%2Ftrunk%2Fui%2Fbase-
disk.mod&old=805&new_path=%2FBlueOnyx%2Fui%2Fbase-disk.mod&new=805

Do a search in your browser over that page. You find 'admin' in many, many
places. But 'siteAdmin'? Not once.

So these provisions were never there to begin with, nor did they get removed.

I don't say it wouldn't be nice to have. So in the long run I may add the
ability to send over quota notifications to siteAdmins. But I'll not let
myself get bullied into adding it right now if there are other things that
have been on the "this needs fixing" list. Such as why the GUI shows empty
auto-responses whenever the auto-responder message contains umlauts, accents
or other characters that are outside of the GUI supported character set.