[BlueOnyx:09833] Re: toggle problem on lang Japanese

Eiji Hamano bluequartz at hypersys.ne.jp
Tue Mar 20 03:05:37 -05 2012

Hi  Michael

> Please check your /etc/sysconfig/i18n file on the server and let me know
> what

Yes  please see following  in 5108R SL6.1 with  latest yum.
       ##   cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n file
::::::::::::::
/etc/sysconfig/i18n
::::::::::::::
LANG=ja
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
LINGUAS="en_US da_DK de_DE ja"
file: No such file or directory

Also please see the i18n file  on  5106R with  latest yum.
       ##   cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n file
LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucJP
LINGUAS="ja de_DE da_DK en"
cat: file:  "--- Japanase Kanji Character = No such file ... ----"

> What happens if you copy everything from /usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/
> /usr/share/locale/ja_JP/LC_MESSAGES/? Does it still toggle?

I did copy them,  but  no change happen.

Eiji Hamano