[BlueOnyx:09873] Re: Vacation message displays Subject: ERROR

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 22 08:00:43 -05 2012

Hi Gustavo,

> Any idea Michael? Should i just add the necessary headers to the
> vacation_msg files for now as a fix?

Actually I've been working on fixing the vacation message stuff most of the
week and I hope to have a set of updates ready for release over the weekend:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=122&cntnt01origid=62&cntnt01pagelimit=100000&cntnt01returnid=62

During my recent tests the vacations messages I did realize that the vacation
message subject depends on the language settings of the user with the vacation
message.

For example: If the user with the active vacation message has set the language
for his account set to German, then the actual auto-reply message will have a
German subject. When I set it to Japanese, the Subject dissapeared and that
may also be the case for other languages. Likewise, the vacation message
mailer sends emails in ISO-8859-1 format, whose character set will not be
sufficient for certain languages. That may also explain the vanishing subject
as it currently is.

I'll look into it further and will make sure that it'll get fixed when I
release the updates that I'm currently working on.