[BlueOnyx:09894] Re: Addign a new virtual site

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Mar 26 17:38:08 -05 2012

Troy Dittberner wrote:
> I have a connection with a static ip address.  It is passed through a
> router to my internal server which is 192.168.2.88.  I had W2k server
> running, but wanted to do a linux box, so I found blueonyx.  Pretty
> cool.  I burned the iso and got everything installed.  I have everything
> working, but when I set up a new virtual site, the email works, the ftp
> works, but it will not serve web pages.  It goes to the domain and then
> pauses for a little bit and then tried port 444.  Not sure what I did
> wrong, but any suggestions?  Also, is there more documentation for this
> other than the ? link on the control panel.  That seems to be missing a
> lot of stuff.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello Troy,
Welcome to BlueOnyx (BX).

I'm assuming that that you (a) have all of the port redirection set and
(b) have the DNS records properly configured.  ie: you need the DNS
records configured for the external IP.

What do you see in /var/log/httpd/access_log and
/var/log/httpd/error_log for clues?

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services