[BlueOnyx:11653] The BX on Oddball Hardware Dept

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Fri Nov 2 15:52:08 -05 2012

I successfully installed BX 5107 on a Wincomm WPE-790 digital signage
"Plasma LCD and Projection Display Engine" computer today.

See http://www.digitalsignage.com.au/dsn/prod/computers/wpe-790.shtml for
specs & info. This particular one has 1GB RAM, P4 2.8GHz, 40GB HD. This
thing has the most massive copper heatsink contraption I've ever seen --
that part alone must weigh 8 pounds!

BX runs like a champ on it. Installed from latest ISO using a USB CD/DVD.

Now I'm going to throw in a bigger HD and install again.

Paid $40 for it via Kijiji (like Craigslist).

dAvid tHacker                                  Email: David at ThackerNet.com
Thacker Network Technologies Inc.                Http://www.ThackerNet.com