[BlueOnyx:11654] Re: 5108R Bug Report: dnsImport.pl not importing secondary nameservers

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Nov 2 15:58:40 -05 2012

Hi Dan,

> There is a bug in dnsImport.pl that does not pull multiple secondary
> nameservers from the old zone files.
>
> e.g. A domain with the four nameservers (one primary and three
> secondary) only have the first and last nameservers pulled into CCE and
> named.
>
> I have a lot of domains to update now although I would have anyway as I
> want to tweak some TTL's!  :-)

Yeah, it's a known issue. There is a work around:

On the source box where you have the DNS records, run these commands:

wget http://data.smd.net/scripts/dns-slaves/dns-slavezones.txt
mv dns-slavezones.txt dns-slavezones.pl
chmod 755 dns-slavezones.pl
./dns-slavezones.pl > slaves.txt

That downloads a script from my fileserver, makes it executable and runs
it. In the same directory you'll then find a textfile named "slaves.txt"
which contains an export of your DNS slaves.

On the box where you want to import the slave zones, do this:

1.) Copy "slaves.txt" from the source server into a directory of your
choosing.

2.) In the same directory run these commands:

wget http://data.smd.net/scripts/dns-slaves/dns-import-slavezones.txt
mv dns-import-slavezones.txt dns-import-slavezones.pl
chmod 755 dns-import-slavezones.pl
./dns-import-slavezones.pl

That will download another script from my fileserver, makes it
executable and runs it.

It will parse the slaves.txt file and will create matching DNS slaves
zones for it in CCE.