[BlueOnyx:11681] Re: cmuImport single site problems

Jim Matysek matysekj at usms.org
Mon Nov 19 14:00:59 -05 2012

On 11/19/2012 12:23 PM, Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc wrote:

> Jim
>

> The error says:
> ERROR: You may have attempted to import a site with an IP address
> which has not been assigned to this OpenVZ VPS.
>

>> From your Aventurine admin area, make sure that you have allowed the IP
> address for that VPS.  Then reboot that VPS for good measure.
> Then try it. Or try adding a site with that IP from the admin.
>
> Ken Marcus

Thanks, Ken. I forgot to mention that the IP address I'm trying to
import to is the same IP address that is already used for the one site
already on this VPS. I'd already made sure that this IP is allocated. I
just tried creating foo.sitey.com on that IP address through the BX GUI
and it worked. In fact, I also am able to create www.sitey.com on that
same IP through the GUI. It just looks to me like cmuImport is ignoring
the -i directive to import to a specific IP address or maybe it will
honor the -i but still insists that the original IP be allocated to this
VPS also (which would not be desirable).  I suppose I could try
allocating the original site address to this VPS to see it it then lets
me import to this new IP.  This is on a different physical box in a
different data center, so adding that IP allocation via the tools
wouldn't actually do anything except maybe fool the tools if that is the
issue.

-jim