[BlueOnyx:11683] Re: cmuImport single site problems

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Mon Nov 19 15:07:27 -05 2012

---------- Original Message -----------
From: Jim Matysek <matysekj at usms.org>
Sent: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:00:59 -0500
Subject: [BlueOnyx:11681] Re: cmuImport single site problems

> On 11/19/2012 12:23 PM, Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc wrote:
> >
> > Jim
> >

> > The error says:
> > ERROR: You may have attempted to import a site with an IP address
> > which has not been assigned to this OpenVZ VPS.
> >

> >> From your Aventurine admin area, make sure that you have allowed the IP
> > address for that VPS.  Then reboot that VPS for good measure.
> > Then try it. Or try adding a site with that IP from the admin.
> >
> > Ken Marcus
> >

> Thanks, Ken. I forgot to mention that the IP address I'm trying to
> import to is the same IP address that is already used for the one site
> already on this VPS. I'd already made sure that this IP is allocated. I
> just tried creating foo.sitey.com on that IP address through the BX GUI
> and it worked. In fact, I also am able to create www.sitey.com on that
> same IP through the GUI. It just looks to me like cmuImport is ignoring
> the -i directive to import to a specific IP address or maybe it will
> honor the -i but still insists that the original IP be allocated to this
> VPS also (which would not be desirable).  I suppose I could try
> allocating the original site address to this VPS to see it it then lets
> me import to this new IP.  This is on a different physical box in a
> different data center, so adding that IP allocation via the tools
> wouldn't actually do anything except maybe fool the tools if that is the
> issue.
>
> -jim

Jim,

Try allowing the original IP in the VPS, perform the cmuImport, change the imported site's IP in the GUI, take out the original IP allow in the VPS.

That shouldn't cause any problems on your network or in the server, since that original IP is at a different physical location (there won't be any conflicts).  And if it lets you get the cmuImport done, so you can then change the IP - I don't see where that would be a problem.

Chuck