[BlueOnyx:11684] Re: cmuImport single site problems

Jim Matysek matysekj at usms.org
Mon Nov 19 15:26:10 -05 2012

On 11/19/2012 3:07 PM, Chuck Tetlow wrote:
> Sent: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:00:59 -0500
> Subject: [BlueOnyx:11681] Re: cmuImport single site problems
>
> > On 11/19/2012 12:23 PM, Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc wrote:
> > >
> > > Jim
> > >

> > > The error says:
> > > ERROR: You may have attempted to import a site with an IP address
> > > which has not been assigned to this OpenVZ VPS.

> the IP
> > > address for that VPS.  Then reboot that VPS for good measure.
> > > Then try it. Or try adding a site with that IP from the admin.
> > >
> > > Ken Marcus
> > >

> > Thanks, Ken. I forgot to mention that the IP address I'm trying to
> > import to is the same IP address that is already used for the one site
> > already on this VPS. I'd already made sure that this IP is allocated. I
> > just tried creating foo.sitey.com on that IP address through the BX GUI
> > and it worked. In fact, I also am able to create www.sitey.com
> <http://www.sitey.com/> on that
> > same IP through the GUI. It just looks to me like cmuImport is ignoring
> > the -i directive to import to a specific IP address or maybe it will
> > honor the -i but still insists that the original IP be allocated to
> this
> > VPS also (which would not be desirable).  I suppose I could try
> > allocating the original site address to this VPS to see it it then lets
> > me import to this new IP.  This is on a different physical box in a
> > different data center, so adding that IP allocation via the tools
> > wouldn't actually do anything except maybe fool the tools if that is
> the
> > issue.
> >
> > -jim
>

> Jim,
>
> Try allowingthe original IP in the VPS, perform the cmuImport, change
> the imported site's IP in the GUI, take out the original IP allow in
> the VPS.
>
> That shouldn't cause any problemson your network or in the server,
> since that original IP is at a different physical location(there won't
> be any conflicts).  And if it lets you get the cmuImport done, so you
> can then change the IP - I don't see where that would be a problem.
>

> Chuck

Okay, I tried the following:

Added the original IP address of this site to the Allowed IP addresses
for this VPS in Aventurin{e} and in the BX control panel. Re-booted this
VPS. Then tried the cmuImport with: 1) the new IP address specified via
-i; 2) no IP address specified via -i; and finally 3) the old IP address
specified via -i. I got the same errors with all three attempts.

-jim