[BlueOnyx:11465] Re: yum update error- RESOLVED

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Tue Oct 2 09:58:14 -05 2012

>> It seems to resolve the IP just fine with that command. That's the same
>> IP
>> I see when I ping the updates host.
>
> But if you yum update, you're still not able to resolve?
> What nameservers are you using for your recursive?  Are they ones
> provided by your datacenter / ISP?

I resolved (ha ha) the problem by adding my own server IPs into the "Query
Request Recursion Access by IP Address" box on the DNS Advanced settings.
I do not have any additional colo DNS servers listed.

I can now do yum update successfully.

Thank you for the help and clues!

Best regards,

dAvid tHacker                                  Email: David at ThackerNet.com
Thacker Network Technologies Inc.                Http://www.ThackerNet.com