[BlueOnyx:12722] Re: BlueOnyx DNS (important!) - Update released!

Jon McCauley jon at ontarioweb.ca
Tue Apr 2 01:03:27 -05 2013

On 4/1/2013 7:51 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Many thanks to all for the input. So it has been decided, we go with
> "option a". Which means the update to the DNS GUI pages will (if the DNS
> server on BlueOnyx is enabled) turn off the old style "recursion"/"cache
> lookups" and will only allow them from 127.0.0.1/32.

Cheers Michael,

I am guessing...lol... but back in the cobalt days it was one server per
*all* services per ....
I have always believed you need a Primary/Seconder....with
backup...never though folks would leave then opened....it only takes a
google on the BQ/BO lists to get the drift of a DNS setup...as of up to
now the GUI has stayed basic...dont know why the elders left some of the
settings "not recommended" checked...But it is what it is ;)

Best Regards, Jon McCauley