[BlueOnyx:12724] Re: BlueOnyx DNS (important!) - Update released!

Jon McCauley jon at ontarioweb.ca
Tue Apr 2 01:22:54 -05 2013

On 4/1/2013 7:51 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Many thanks to all for the input. So it has been decided, we go with
> "option a". Which means the update to the DNS GUI pages will (if the DNS
> server on BlueOnyx is enabled) turn off the old style "recursion"/"cache
> lookups" and will only allow them from 127.0.0.1/32.

Cheers Michael,

I am guessing...lol... but back in the cobalt days it was one server per
*all* services per ....
I have always believed you need a Primary/Seconder....with
backup...never though folks would leave then opened....it only takes a
google on the BQ/BO lists to get the drift of a DNS setup...as of up to
now the GUI has stayed basic...dont know why the elders left some of the
settings "not recommended" checked...But it is what it is

Best Regards, Jon McCauley