[BlueOnyx:12737] Re: Uncool email

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Apr 2 12:04:00 -05 2013

On 4/2/2013 11:06 AM, jeffrey Pellin - PX2 wrote:
> Hi Guys, it just happened again.
>
> I just got over 3000 emails from the BO list dating back to 2012.
>
> This is the third or fourth time the list has spammed me in a big way.
>
> It's hard to contribute when this happens.
>
> Any ideas please tell someone.

My guess is it isn't the "list" that is doing this.  It would not know
how, since it isn't storing up every email every queued just for you.
Once it gets an email, it sends 'em out.   In other words: it's not the
list.

I would start looking at the mailserver and your client.   Are you using
IMAP or POP3?  If you're using POP3, are you storing copies of the
message on the server?  DON'T DO THAT.  Switch to IMAP if you're going
to keep messages on the server, for instance for syncing with multiple
devices/clients.

Otherwise, what's up with the client(s) that you are using?   Did
anything change? Add a new device lately?

How is your quota?

Again, look for things that have changed... that is your most likely
suspect.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services