[BlueOnyx:12742] Re: Uncool email

Ralf Quint Smoothwall at gmx.net
Tue Apr 2 14:34:55 -05 2013

At 10:04 AM 4/2/2013, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
>My guess is it isn't the "list" that is doing this.  It would not know
>how, since it isn't storing up every email every queued just for you.
>Once it gets an email, it sends 'em out.   In other words: it's not the
>list.

Exactly! I would have expected that someone in this business would be
able to determine this by how a list server works. The list server
simply wouldn't know how to send out such a large number of emails
AGAIN. And certainly not to just one single user.

>I would start looking at the mailserver and your client.   Are you using
>IMAP or POP3?  If you're using POP3, are you storing copies of the
>message on the server?  DON'T DO THAT.  Switch to IMAP if you're going
>to keep messages on the server, for instance for syncing with multiple
>devices/clients.
>
>Otherwise, what's up with the client(s) that you are using?   Did
>anything change? Add a new device lately?

That's why I already asked why kind of email client he's using. It's
a bad habit these times that people for example are more and more
using web browsers instead of real email programs, with all the
related issues...

Ralf