[BlueOnyx:12844] /etc/webalizer.conf issue

Stephanie Sullivan ses at aviaweb.com
Mon Apr 15 08:37:11 -05 2013

Hi all,

I found this on 5107/8 installs of BX. I think it's a "bug" but wanted to
let folks generally know so it can be fixed on running systems.

The /etc/webalizer.conf file has a section defining what's considered a
"page" when I creates it's reports. It looks like this after a fresh
install:

# PageType lets you tell the Webalizer what types of URL's you
# consider a 'page'.  Most people consider html and cgi documents
# as pages, while not images and audio files.  If no types are
# specified, defaults will be used ('htm*', 'cgi' and HTMLExtension
# if different for web logs, 'txt' for ftp logs).

PageType        htm*
PageType        cgi
#PageType       phtml
#PageType       php3
#PageType       pl

Notice that it only considers .htm* and cgi as web pages. On BX boxes I
think this should definitely include:

PageType        sht*
PageType        php

Covering php and shtml files which are very common on BX boxes, dare I say.
And this change will help make your stats a lot more useful to you or your
clients.

I don't know if webalizer.conf is just the generic one from a SL or Centos
RPM or if it's tweaked in the install. If this could be updated as part of
the out-of-the-box setup it would be one less thing that should be tweaked
before putting a BX box into service.

And yes - I know this is pretty trivial in the course of things... but it's
at least good to know.

	Thanks,
		-Stephanie