[BlueOnyx:12854] Re: phpMyAdmin upgrade

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Apr 15 16:10:15 -05 2013

Hi Chris,

> I believe there used to be a phpMyAdmin upgrade for sale with Compass or
> Solarspeed, but all I find these days is the webapp version (which I
> haven't figured out the benefit to just yet.)
>
> On 5108R, the loaded phpMyAdmin is 3.3.4.   On some of our other boxes
> we're using later versions that have a couple of benefits.   Has anyone
> seen an updated package for BlueOnyx? Or one of the dev's can weigh in?
>   Maybe I'm not remembering things straight...

Yeah, we used to have a phpMyAdmin PKG that replaced the onboard
phpMyAdmin that's tied into AdmServ with a later version. But eventually
phpMyAdmin progressed further and was no longer compatible with the old
PHP on 5106R. Likewise, the newer phpMyAdmin had further issues running
on AdmServ on 5107R and 5108R, as we couldn't tie it into the single
sign on mechanism of the GUI.

That's when we took a deep breath, stepped back and decided to offer the
newer phpMyAdmin only as WebApps. That way they run on the frontend
Apache and can work with a newer PHP that's usually installed. It also
gives server and siteAdmins more flexibility if they want to install it
and how they want to configure it.

The latest phpMyAdmin we offer (as WebApp) is version 3.5.8, which is -
at this time - the very latest one.