[BlueOnyx:12867] Re: Changing network configuration in virtualization of server

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Wed Apr 17 05:38:09 -05 2013

On 17 Apr 2013, at 11:25, Manuel Bona Perez wrote:
> To make the migration, the vmconverter failed and had to make a new install of the system BlueOnyx-5108R SL6.2, in a virtual machine and copy the folders: Root, tmp, var and home

That's rather brave.
> When starting the new machine had 4 NICs, 2 of the old machine with his mac address and 2 of the new virtual machine with his mac address, the issue is that the server does not respond over network because it had the old mac.

Log in locally. Clear up the network config scripts so you're left with only the correct interfaces. Then run /root/network_settings.sh to configure the IP addresses on these interfaces. That will update the Cobalt database. Check in the UI to make sure the settings are correct afterwards (I'd click save just to make sure).

> We need to migrate several servers and would need to know:
> What would be the easiest way to connect to the old configuration of the 2 network cards to the new network cards (reassign the new mac)?

Use the migration utilities! Build a new BlueOnyx box then use the Export/Import utilities to move all the data across. Copying around system folders is unlikely to work.

Steve