[BlueOnyx:12899] Re: iptables restart with rules

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Mon Apr 22 07:42:49 -05 2013

Believe iptables restarts with the rules that are saved (if any)
to the file /etc/sysconfig/iptables.  If no rules have been saved
there, then it starts with an empty or default set.  I generally
(periodically) save with iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables
then can restore (and reboot) with iptables-restore /etc/sysconfig/iptables
and know how things are set starting out.

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net