[BlueOnyx:12182] Re: VSites all being redirected to BlueOnyx Login Page

George F. Nemeyer tigerwolf at tigerden.com
Tue Feb 12 12:44:03 -05 2013

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013, Michael Stauber wrote:

> Sometimes it's a caching issue on the client side. Clearing your cache
> or calling the page like this might help: http://www.company.com/?abcd

Some browsers don't clear their DNS cache even by clearing the cache from
the user interface.  Sometimes the only way to keep them from being
stubborn is to shut the browser down entirely and restart it.

If you're using a wireless router for access and use it as the DNS proxy
for wireless clients, those sometimes need to be rebooted to ensure fresh
info, especially if you've changed the IP of the server on the WAN side.

Also, if you've changed the main IP of the server, all the V-Sites will
still retain their old IP(s), and those will show up as IP alias(es), and
the server will respond to both IPs.  Not until you've changed *all* the
V-sites will the alias disappear.  I've seen some really strange things
happen in such cases, especially if the server's old IP gets re-assigned
to something else and you've got two boxes trying to respond.  I've even
seen confused switches in such cases, and had to reboot those to clear
things up.

=^_^=  Tigerwolf