[BlueOnyx:12181] Re: VSites all being redirected to BlueOnyx Login Page

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Feb 12 10:48:45 -05 2013

Hi Tyler,

> I have seen on the mailing list the issue I am currently Experiencing
> has happened in the past.
> I have searched and searched and played with setting in the httpd.conf
> and settings in the
> BlueOnyx Admin panel and still to no avail I can't seem to get my VSites
> from being redirected
> back to the http://[domain]:444/login.php.

Most often this is a DNS issue. Your Apache needs to be able to resolve
the domain names it is being asked for. If it is asked to present the
webpage for www.company.com, it does a DNS lookup on www.company.com,
checks if it is hosting that site on the given IP and if so, it presents
that page. Or it shows the default page if there is one. If that fails,
it hands it off to AdmServ, so you see the login screen.

Sometimes it's a caching issue on the client side. Clearing your cache
or calling the page like this might help: http://www.company.com/?abcd

The ?abcd (or anything randomly added after the question mark) at the
end of the URL tells any cache in between that this is a call to a
dynamic page and most caches then don't show the cached data, but fetch
it directly from the source.

Restarting Apache can also help, because it also uses some kind of
caching for DNS lookups.

Lastly, you want to be sure that on the server side of things your
server can really do DNS lookups and that the results are what you
expect them to be.

So try a "nslookup www.company.com" from SSH as "root" and see if the
reported IP address is indeed that of the site in question. Also be sure
to call the page with the exact FQDN as shown in the GUI for as site
name. This gets around any web server alias issues that you might have
confidentially created by substituting incorrect aliases.