[BlueOnyx:12184] Re: at new 5106R, yum makes MaiMan

Eiji Hamano bluequartz at hypersys.ne.jp
Wed Feb 13 00:29:02 -05 2013

Hi  Mailman

I guess you were a long vacation.

You said;

>>> Well, you can migrate a 5106R to 5107R and/or 5108R. It will create the
>>> old Majordomo lists with similar settings using the new Mailman. It will
>>> even keep the subscriptions.

But unfortunately,  the cmu of  migrate to Mailman has errors.
Even if  no error at migrating to existing  Majordomo server.

I think;   a cmu logic of  encording  for "Remarks value"  of  LISTs  is
different  between  Mailman and  Majordomo

See folloing error  on  moniter migrating time.

See folloing  the  "description value"  of  execution file  "cmu.xml.9365"
     <list id = "www.xxxx.co.jp-aaaaaaa">
       <apassword value = "ttttttttt"/>
       <maxlength value = "10485760"/>
       <name value = "aaaaaaa"/>
       <desc_readonly value = "0"/>
       <description value = "utKzsrv+u/WyyrDlzsW4ocakzte7/rDRsPey8Q=="/>
       <replyToList value = "0"/>
       <subPolicy value = "open"/>
       <fqdn value = "www.xxxx.co.jp"/>
       <moderator value = "&admin&"/>
       <postPolicy value = "any"/>
       <remote_recips>

I  had to delete all  description values,
and  after migrating  I had to reenter the values.

You do not ignore this problem much anything?
The migrating from Majordomo to Majordomo was no problem!

Eiji Hamano