[BlueOnyx:12185] Re: at new 5106R, yum makes MaiMan

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Feb 13 00:40:35 -05 2013

Hi Eiji Hamano,

> I think;   a cmu logic of  encording  for "Remarks value"  of  LISTs
> is different  between  Mailman and  Majordomo
>
> See folloing error  on  moniter migrating time.

Hmm .. I have not seen this error before.

> See folloing  the  "description value"  of  execution file  "cmu.xml.9365"
>      <list id = "www.xxxx.co.jp-aaaaaaa">
>        <apassword value = "ttttttttt"/>
>        <maxlength value = "10485760"/>
>        <name value = "aaaaaaa"/>
>        <desc_readonly value = "0"/>
>        <description value = "utKzsrv+u/WyyrDlzsW4ocakzte7/rDRsPey8Q=="/>
>        <replyToList value = "0"/>
>        <subPolicy value = "open"/>
>        <fqdn value = "www.xxxx.co.jp"/>
>        <moderator value = "&admin&"/>
>        <postPolicy value = "any"/>
>        <remote_recips>

Can you let me know what the "real" text of the list description was? I
assume it was in Kanji letters?

That could be the source of the problem, as CMU would take the encoded
string, would try to decode it to UTF-8 and would fail. Phew ... that's
a tricky one to fix.

Please send me an example description of one of your lists that failed
to import and I will see what I can do.