[BlueOnyx:12299] Re: Server lose network connection

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Mon Feb 25 19:32:24 -05 2013

Lew,

Could it be your IPTables firewall rules?

I've noticed on other machines that the firewalling software typically takes a tiny amount of time to come up after the network interface comes up.  And I've seen that exact result before - the network interface comes up and responds to pings.  Then IPTables starts seconds later and the pings stop due to restrictive firewall rules.

Chuck