[BlueOnyx:13218] Re: Login screen is always English at only latest Chrome

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jun 13 11:48:23 -05 2013

Hi Eiji,

> The following is a table of test each browsers.
>
>    OK  at  Win8   IE  10.0.9200
>    OK  at  Win7   IE  9.0.8112
>
>    OK  at  Win8   Safari  5.1.7
>    OK  at  Win7   Safari  5.1.5
>
>    NG  at  Win8   Chrome  27.0.1453.110m.
>    NG  at  Win8   Chrome  27.0.1453.110m
>
> I want a fix of problem.

Well, browser compatibility is something that is always in fluctuation.
The code for the languages on the login screen hasn't changed in the
last 12 years.

The code there works like this:

It asks the browser for a list of supported languages. If the clients
computer is set to Japanese, it should report back "ja-jp" or "ja_JP".
The code then checks if that language is supported by BlueOnyx. It
supports "en_US", "da_DK", "de_DE" and "ja_JP". The latest BlueOnyx
currently in development will add "fr_FR", "es_ES" and probably "it_IT"
to that list as well.

If the browser reports a language that is supported by BlueOnyx, it will
show the text on the login page in that language. If not, it defaults to
English ("en_US").

If Chrome is not reporting back "ja-jp" or "ja_JP" (as it should), then
you either are using an English version of Chrome, or the code in Chrome
is buggy. Which isn't our problem, nor is there anything I can do, sorry.

If a browser doesn't play nice, the best you can do is to file a
bugreport with the makers of that browser.