[BlueOnyx:13219] Server certificate is expired: 'Server-Cert'

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 12:50:04 -05 2013

Can anybody point me in the right direction please.

One of my servers had Apache die and wouldn't restart.
After a bit of digging I found that the error log showed:

[Thu Jun 13 18:41:19 2013] [error] Server certificate is expired: 'Server-Cert'

And further investigation showed:

[root at server1 conf.d]# certutil -d /etc/httpd/alias -L -n Server-Cert
Certificate:
        Version: 3 (0x2)
        Serial Number: 3 (0x3)
        Signature Algorithm: PKCS #1 SHA-1 With RSA Encryption
        Issuer: "CN=Certificate Shack,O=example.com,C=US"
        Validity:
            Not Before: Thu Jun 11 02:34:49 2009
            Not After : Tue Jun 11 02:34:49 2013
        Subject: "CN=aventurin.smd.net,O=example.com,C=US"
        Subject Public Key Info:
            Public Key Algorithm: PKCS #1 RSA Encryption
            RSA Public Key:

I have a self-signed cert on the server/vps which doesn't expire until 2023 so not sure how to go about fixing this.
Obviously a different cert but how do I renew it?

I have disabled SSL in the meantime to get the server up and running but I need to restore it to full functionality.

Thanks

Colin