[BlueOnyx:13221] Re: Login screen is always English at only latestChrome

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jun 13 14:37:35 -05 2013

Hi Chuck,

> If you're going to insist on a fix - be willing to pay for their time.
> Its only fair!

In all fairness it should be noted that Eiji has done several very large
donations to the BlueOnyx team over the last couple of years. For that
I'll always be grateful and it also greatly raises my tolerance level
and willingness to look at his concerns.

Eiji, I forgot to mention in my previous message: The new BlueOnyx that
is now in the making already has measures to show the login page in
native languages. In a way that is a bit more robust than just using the
browser locale preference. On the first login a cookie with long expiry
is set. In it the desired locale of that particular user is stored. So
the next time he looks at the login page, the cookie value is used to
show the login page in the language that was stored in the cookie. If no
cookie is set, the browser locale is used. If the browser locale is not
available, it'll finally default back to English.

I might consider adding a configuration option which allows the server
admin to choose which language the GUI will consider as default. But no
promises on that, as it requires a bit of modification in a few places.