[BlueOnyx:13222] Re: Login screen is always English at onlylatestChrome

Eiji Hamano bluequartz at hypersys.ne.jp
Fri Jun 14 00:28:23 -05 2013

> I agree Wisja.
> Eiji - use what ever works and ignore Chrome.
> Its not BlueOnyx's fault that a change in Chrome has broken it.
>
> Or if you feel you just can't live without Chrome - be willing to fund the
> work to fix it.  Michael, Greg, and the rest that keep
> up our BlueOnyx systems are volunteers and aren't getting paid for that
> work.  If you're going to insist on a fix - be willing to
> pay for their time.  Its only fair!

Hi Chuck

Yeah,
if you are ONLY person who enters your BX Control Panel now,
I will agree what you say.

About Firefix.  it run good with 5106R in Japanese.
Unfortunately not 5108R,  it returned to English again.

> Well, browser compatibility is something that is always in fluctuation.
> The code for the languages on the login screen hasn't changed in the
> last 12 years.

Hi Michael

It is strange.
When I tested it in IE 8.0.6001 of  Win-XP,
it will be in Danish at 5108R.
Even though the IE appears correctly Japanese at 5106R.

Every year user to operate in XP from will decrease,
So I did not report it I am going to ignore this.

The code was not changed?    I am not clear.

> I might consider adding a configuration option which allows the server
> admin to choose which language the GUI will consider as default. But no
> promises on that, as it requires a bit of modification in a few places.

I believe more simple.

In Europe certainly  there is a possibility that people of different
languages ??use the same BX.
So I think BX  have a change by the browser to flexible.

Only in the environment of Japan, Japanese-fixedly login page might be good.
I think such machines is overwhelming.

So,
Would you please advice me fixedly-language Login Page?

Eiji Hamno