[BlueOnyx:13239] Re: Active Monitor / quarter-hourly cron / swatch

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jun 20 10:04:17 -05 2013

Hi Neil,

> However, on my new install, there isn't a quarter-hourly job in cron, and
> there isn't a config file for swatch...

As Gerald said, it's /etc/cron.d/swatch.cron which runs Swatch.

You can also run it manually via /usr/sbin/swatch. The config file for
swatch is located here: /etc/swatch.conf

It may get created during the first run of swatch, or when you modify
the email settings of active monitor.

> Is this something that has been withdrawn or is it something that is missing
> in action? Can the functionality be reinstated easily?

You could do a "yum groupinstall BlueOnyx" as "root" from SSH. If
anything is missing and wasn't installed initially, this will catch it
and will install the missing bits and pieces.

If everything is already installed, then you will just get a whole
screen full of messages like this:

Package XYZ already installed and latest version

So that command doesn't do any harm. On 5106R this command shouldn't be
used as it's a bit more complicated there due to either Majordomo or
Mailman being present as mailing list software. To use that command on
5106R one needs to exclude the mailing list stuff from checking.