[BlueOnyx:13991] Re: Greylisting/RBL Hell

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Wed Nov 6 17:21:17 -05 2013

On 11/06/2013 03:46 PM, Stephanie Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone having issues with greylisting or RBL's suddenly blocking many more emails? I have the solarspeed AV-SPAM system and it appears that certain sites who were working in mid-October suddenly stopped getting through until I at least disabled greylisting. If this were one provider I'd not be so concerned, but it appears to be a wide smattering of disparate senders.

look in maillog spamd entries and see if this is there *URIBL_BLOCKED*
or cat /varlog/maillog | grep URIBL_BLOCKED

I had some servers with a similar problem rejecting email, not spambeing
blocked by urbil.com

I had to remove the check from urbil.com
see http://www.sourcepole.com/2013/5/7/disabling-uribl-in-spamassassin

/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and /etc/mail/spamassassin/sql.cf
added this to the last line of those files
    score URIBL_BLOCKED 0

then restart spamd

This change will be lost if you make changes to SpamAssassin in the GUI
--
Gerald