[BlueOnyx:13992] Re: Greylisting/RBL Hell

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Nov 6 20:15:11 -05 2013

Hi all,

> look in maillog spamd entries and see if this is there *URIBL_BLOCKED*
> or cat /varlog/maillog | grep URIBL_BLOCKED
>
> I had some servers with a similar problem rejecting email, not spambeing
> blocked by urbil.com

Actually the rule-file you are looking for is this:

/etc/mail/spamassassin/URIDNSBL.cf

That's the only place the AV-SPAM makes use of the URIDNSBL rules. It
checks the body of emails to see if they contain URLs listed in Spamhaus
XBL-SBL and DBL.

If such an URL is found, then (since May this year) a score of 2.0
points was applied to the scanned emails total SPAM-score.

I just published an updated "spamassassin-extra" RPM to the AV-SPAM YUM
repository. It contains an updated URIDNSBL.cf in which the score is
lowered from 2.0 to 0.2 points.

I didn't want to take these rules out entirely, but with the amount of
complaints lately it's better to reduce the score to a level where it
won't hurt, but still contributes a little to the Bayes auto-learning.

I had planned to release this update yesterday (as promised), but I
couldn't pull my head out of the new GUI development. \o/