[BlueOnyx:13996] Re: Server admins cant use PHPADMIN?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Nov 9 10:15:00 -05 2013

Hi Roy,

> However I noticed that the server admins we setup cant access it. Only
> the main "admin" user can. Server admins just get a login page when they
> get to the phpmyadmin link under the personal profile tab.
>
> So how DO you grant phpmyadmin rights to a server admin?

Yeah, the built in phpMyadmin only handles admins and siteAdmins. They
auto-login to phpMyAdmin. The "admin" can see all databases as he gets
automatically logged in as MySQL user "root". The siteAdmins get
automatically logged in to an existing MySQL database that has been
created for their site.

If a siteAdmin uses phpMyAdmin and the site has no database set up, he
sees a phpMyAdmin login prompt that the GUI stuffs in front of phpMyAdmin.

The same is true for the "extraAdmins", for which auto-login isn't
working at this time. But if they know valid MySQL user credentials they
can log in. These credentials may be the MySQL "root" users details or
any other valid MySQL credentials.

So to sort this: Tell that extraAdmin which credentials to use there and
he can use phpMyAdmin.

Another option: http://shop.blueonyx.it has a phpMyAdmin that installs
into the webspace of Vsites. It doesn't replace the phpMyAdmin that's in
the GUI, so both can be used. The third party phpMyadmin just presents
the standard phpMyAdmin login form and can also be used by anyone who
knows valid MySQL credentials for the server.