[BlueOnyx:14023] Re: Problem setting interface alias netmask to 255.255.255.255

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Nov 13 10:42:31 -05 2013

Hi Menno,

> No, dedicated server. I wasn't expecting much as it's cheap, but am a bit
> surprised.

Yeah, their prices are pretty good - no doubt. Like so many others in
that segment they can only do that by cutting corners. It's the same
with United Internet (1&1) in Germany. Prices are pretty darn cheap.
Infrastructure? Bordering on "could be worse". Service? Don't ask! More
like: "Listen to this 40 minute flute solo while we tell you how
important your business is to us!" ;-)

> Still it has been better than the disaster I experienced with
> Amenworld some years back, really did have to pray for uptime there, so the
> name was appropriate!

Oh oh. Yeah, the name alone sounds scary. :-)