[BlueOnyx:13778] Re: WEB Alias problems

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Oct 1 13:42:24 -05 2013

Hi Tom,

My gosh... this certainly sounds like you have a lot of issues right
now.   Have you checked with your provider for some support/help on
this?   It may be a bit more involved than the list is going to be able
to walk you through.   But here's a best attempt.

On 10/1/2013 1:11 PM, wcstaff at webcoast.com wrote:
> First let me say that this server is a migration from CentOS/Blue Quartz
> to Scientific Linux/Blue Onyx 5108R-SL 6.4
>
> I’m having a problem with WEB Aliases not working correctly.
>
> It makes no difference if Webserver Aliases is checked or not. When I
> click on domain.com, it redirects to another main website. When I go to
> www.mydomain.com <http://www.mydomain.com> it will bring up the website.
> This does not happen on all websites. And it is no particular website
> with certain configurations. All domains are registered with Go Daddy
> and everything looks fine there.

This could be an issue with how CMU worked for you (especially depending
on differences between versions... old BlueQuartz boxes may have had
very old versioning, and of course it has been impossible to YUM them
for quite some time now.

What you may wish to try is from the BlueOnyx GUI, click to edit the
site that is giving you a problem.   In the Services > Web settings,
remove anything that is in the Web Server Aliases field, click Save,
then after it is done saving, put the content that should be in Web
Server Aliases back, click Save again.

After clearing out your browser cache, try pulling up with just the
domain again and it should work.

> If I change my ip address for mail.mydomain. mail completely stops to
> and from the outside world. I’ve waited for 3 days to see if mail
> started to send and receive with no luck. When I go to

I'm unclear on this.   Is the IP address for the mail. hostname assigned
to your server?   What kinds of errors are you getting?   Can you be
more specific?

> I don’t trust the GUI anymore as things are not working. It was working
> on initial install and migration. Then I performed a YUM Update and
> certain items malfunction.
>
> for instance:
>
> 1.I’ve installed blacklists on the GUI under email, but they don’t seem
> to do anything. I get the same spam with or without them

That's not necessarily an indicator the RBLs are not working - just that
the email that's hitting your box isn't coming from blacklisted IPs.

> 2.The Mailman AdminInterface does nothing under Mailman

This is a duplicated issue.  You can reach your Mailman interface at
http://yourhostname/mailman/admin

> 3.The Save button and Interface Aliases tab don’t work under System
> Settings/TCP/IP and the info posted is incorrect, including domain
> servers, mac addresses and ethx settings

 From the CLI, have you done a "service cced.init restart"?

There have been reports under all versions of BlueOnyx that the Server
Management > System Settings > TCP/IP page is flawed.   If you need to
reset the main IP on the server, I advise to use the CLI script at
/root/network_settings.sh

> 4.Information under System Settings displays the wrong Primary and
> Secondary mac addresses.

That's something I've never encountered.   Have you changed NICs since
installing BlueOnyx?

> 5.Under WEB Applications, Test MySQL Credentials fails no matter what I do

Do you mean under Server Management > Network Services > MySQL?   Have
you changed the password for MySQL root user?   If so, be sure to put it
in correctly.   You may need to use the Change Password tab.   If you
have imported the MySQL full dump from the old box, that may have
changed your root password to whatever it was on the old box.   Try
restarting MySQL and then ensuring your correct password is in the GUI
config.    If all else fails, do a manual reset via CLI of the MySQL
root password.

> 6.API always reports “you’re not doing this right” no matter what
> settings I use

Can you be more specific?   I've not seen the “you’re not doing this
right” message.    VIRTBIZ was the first application for the BlueOnyx
API and we have been successfully using it on our 5108R systems.   What
exactly is happening that is causing you to see an error?

> 7.Under Active Monitor/Network Status, it reports eth2 and eth3
> malfunctioning. There is no ethy2 or eth3

It looks to me like this is related to #4 above.  I suspect you have
changed your NIC configuration somehow.   You may need to remove the NIC
configs (hw addresses) from udev and then reload udev (or reboot).

> That’s all I can find right now. I’m hoping to at least het the GUI
> repaired if possible.

It doesn't look to me like the GUI is borked, but maybe just a bit of a
miscommunication between system and user.   Again, if you're having a
great deal of trouble, hopefully you have a provider that is proficient
with BlueOnyx and can help you out of a jam.  If not, like I say, I'm
sure we'll do our best here for you.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services