[BlueOnyx:13830] Re: ImageMagic and beyond

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Oct 11 08:44:04 -05 2013

On 10/11/2013 8:27 AM, Wayne Michael wrote:
> I've successfully installed ImageMagick but the package that required
> ImageMagic is now looking for x11R6.
>
> I am thinking this will not work with BO and I should just build out a
> vanilla linux install to move forward.  what do you think?
>
> Results:
> [root at www sadmin]# rpm -i ./prizmcc_7.3.i686.rpm
> which: no soffice in (/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin)
> which: no inkscape in (/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin)
> Found inkscape installation at:

Oh, it's been a while since I have encountered that.   In fact the last
time I encountered X11 services on a server was when using the old
VMware Server overlay.   The memories...

At first blush, I don't see why it would NOT work, esp. if you are not
using any 3rd party repos or binaries.  But to be safe, you might try
building on a test system first.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services