[BlueOnyx:13831] errors installing package from yum updater

wcstaff at webcoast.com wcstaff at webcoast.com
Sat Oct 12 09:38:02 -05 2013

I'm experiencing another weird problem. In the GUI, I can search for YUM
updates and get the regular pushed yum updates fine.
However under third party software and third party updates, when I click
"Check Availability Now", I get the following error message:
Software Updates was unable to retrieve a list of packages from the Software
Updates server located at .  Please check to make sure that is a valid
Software Updates server and that you can query it from your web browser.
It never tells me the link.
Under Settings / Advanced I have newlinq.blueonyx.it entered. But when I
also try to enter newlinq.compassnetworks.com.au, it allows me to enter it.
But after the first "Check Availability Now" under third party software and
third party updates, it disappears and is no longer listed. I removed
newlinq.blueonyx.it and added newlinq.compassnetworks.com.au alone and it
still deletes itself. So I put newlinq.blueonyx.it back. It stays fine.
I am the one with multiple GUI malfunctions. Any ideas how to fix this?
Thank for any help.
Tom